Monday, June 18, 2007

If it's good enough for Mary Matalin...

So about a month ago I was jogging along the Potomac. And I passed this older gentleman, we exchanged smiles and nods (as most cordial runners do...although this man seemed more stern than most). As I passed him, I thought he looked really familiar. He looks like the guy who talks to Tim Russert. You know, James Carville. And then I thought, no couldn't be him, I bet they live in the city. So I I talked myself out of it.

Well, cut to Saturday, and guess who I served wine to at my tasting table? Mary Matalin, James Carville's Republican wife! HA! Who knew they were kind of like my neighbors. Well, at least in the hood. But I thought that was cool since I do see them on TV all the time, just like all the other talking heads on Meet the Press.

So if Balducci's is good enough for them, it's good enough for me! It might be the strange reason why I just can't quit. Today I had planned to go in there and give my two weeks notice, and I couldn't do it. I feel like I need to keep going and just work there until I eventually move. You know me and loyalty. It's so hard for me to quit things, even though they may not be the best for me at all.

Tomorrow I don't have to report to school work, so I guess I get a mini-break from the place. Which is good. I was thinking I may even drive to the beach. I don't know. It's only 3 hours from here. It might be worth it to just be some where for the day and read a book, eat some snacks, listen to some music. Yeah, we'll see. I won't set my alarm and I'll see how long it takes me to get get ready. I figure I'd be going against traffic, so it couldn't be that bad.

Humm-- now I'm really thinking... Is it worth the gas?? It might be.

So, right now, I'm enjoying a nice glass of Frascati wine with some frozen berries in my glass. It's a nice treat after a really hot day.

Hummmm....beach. Something I'm going to try and dream about as I fall asleep tonight.

No comments: