Friday, May 30, 2008

NOT A SPOILER---

Lost's season finale was last night. And all I gots to say, yo...is... What the Hell?

I can't talk about it on the web. But I have so much info playing through my mind. This season was back to being really good. But come on, do I really have to wait until the show finale in 2 years to see what happens to EVERYONE? It's getting ridiculous.

The main characters still seem to be growing a bit, so that's good. I can't say much for the new characters they add to the show, though. It's a hard show to have new characters on. They should have been on there the whole time, for us to love or hate them. Most of them I just don't care about...

For those of you who don't watch or haven't ever watched, you are missing out on a good show. Really. It's fun to guess what the plot twists will be. SO FAR--- I'm doing pretty well, but sometimes I miss..... Last night I kind of predicted a really important piece that had been left undone last season.... Now I just need to know how and why!! ARGH!! That's the show for you. You may have an answer, but the journey to get that answer is always left hazy.

Anyway, made it through a week from HELL. You'd' think since having a short week, I'd be having fun, enjoying the quickness of it. But no. Yours truly pretty much had a meltdown on Wednesday at school. Not my finest hour. And it will never happen again, but I was so mad, upset, frustrated, and everything else. It wasn't about the kids. Although they made the level of frustration quite high that day. But the staff member. He blatantly interrupted me while I was teaching. He walked right through the center of my class to whisper to me," Do you want me to open the door?" I went off on him. I spewed," WHAT? I don't CARE. DO whatever you want to do! I really couldn't care less how warm it is in here, I just want to do my job.!!!!" I didn't insult him, but I did yell. And that shouldn't have happened.

The history between me in this staff member is difficult. I've always tried to approach him in a calm way, asking him what can we do to communicate without interrupting the class. Because he ALWAYS interrupts me when I'm trying to teach a new lesson. ALWAYS. In mid-sentence no less. So, this is the straw that really broke the camels back. He just doesn't get it at all.

I have my reasons of why he does these things to me. One, I think he is actually clueless. Two, it is drilled into his head that education is second. Three, he is afraid of the kids and as a male he feels he needs to appear powerful and strong in front of the kids. Four, he doesn't have the understanding between unnecessary and necessary. It wasn't an emergency to have a door open. Was it warm? yes. Did the kids care? not really. They were just being jerky kids. They weren't being dangerous. It wasn't a safety issue.

The staff, was really concerned with how he looked. I apologized about my reaction, but continued to tell him that his interruptions have happened before, and that it frustrated me. I get stopped in mid-sentence, for a random thing. I reminded him that I am trained as a teacher, and most good teachers ignore little behaviors, or try to put out fires indirectly with students. I told him I didn't feel like I had any control over that class because he was shouting out at all the kids.

Whatever. I shouldn't have reacted like I did, but it's so frustrating that this guy just doesn't understand, and that he is so 1-dimensional. He's not even fair, and he's passive-aggressive.

Anyway, moving on. It is the weekend, I get to hang out with my BFF today. Haven't seen her in a while. So excited. We'll probably just chill, but that's really all I want. J is chilling with his buddies too. So that's good.

3 more weeks of nonsense---------------ugh.

No comments: