Monday, September 25, 2006

Another week passes

Its been a crazy week. I had to enter all my grades in the computer twice. The first time all my files on the server became corrupt. How that's possible when it's only my stuff..... I have no idea. They're supposed to come and look at it all today. So hopefully I won't have to do it again.

The paperwork is crazy for this joint. It would be simple if everyone could get everything on the computer. But when one or more people have problems, then it holds everything up.

Did a stupid thing... I had kids make contour line drawings (not the stupid part) of their hands (the stupid part). Yes, they did make gang symbols with their hands. Although some of them, I don't think they meant to, it just happens to look like it. So now, pretty much all my students are going to get in trouble.. Note to self, have students do contour line drawings of their shoes... Oh no wait, if they tie their shoes a strange way that might mean something too.. AHHHH!

Seriously though, Anything can pretty much be a symbol of gangs these days. I know that in my place of work now it can't and shouldn't be taken lightly, but come on....

It's ok, this week we're doing tessellation, I wonder what they'll hide in those. Next up, one-point perspective... oh no... Buildings.

Anyway, had a better weekend. I went out to eat in DC on Friday. It was so good. One of the best meals I've had in a really long time. The place was called the Blue Duck Tavern, I think. It's in the Park Hyatt hotel. It was a nice restaurant, got all dressed up for once in my life. I had a vegetarian dish made of (this is going to sound strange to some of you) grits, with cheese, chantarelle mushrooms, and some greens. We also had side dishes of garlic mashed potatoes, carrots, arugula with lemon vinaigrette, and snap peas. And it didn't stop there, I had a plum and blackberry crisp with hand-churned vanilla ice cream for desert, along with a cappucino. It was so good. After dinner we just walked around the Foggy Bottom a little bit and headed back. It was a great night though. Beautiful weather.

Then Saturday, my sister came to visit. We had a really nice time. Low-key, I don't think either one of us felt like going out. So we went to Georgetown (I got lost) then had a nice dinner at a Thai place and came back and watched a movie. She then treated me to breakfast the next day and headed back to PA.

You really have to watch the weekends. They just seem to disappear around here. It's not fair. I didn't go hiking this weekend, either... But I had my last day of Yoga on Saturday, and now I wish I'd signed up for the next 6 weeks. Oh well.
This week looks like it will be much like the same. School is school, and I think we'll have a few parent meetings. But not much else. This weekend I'm going to a wine festival and then maybe pop on up to Gettysburg to see my parents... and the Lhotse.

Have to start looking for my own apartment. I just wish I had more time, and the internet at home... That would be good.

No comments: