Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Not cooking anymore

Ok, so there's an ant problem in the kitchen, I can't eat spinach anymore because someone can't irrigate the water safely. And I'm doomed to get salmonella poisoning...Why? You may ask. I don't eat chicken, meat, or even fish (well occasionally). Last night I was fixing "dinner" (consisting of a sandwich). And I'm sitting down at the table watching my housemate make her meal for herself, daughter, and daughter's friends. She is chopping raw chicken on a cutting board. No problem, people do it all the time, the only problem I have is the fact that she cut it, and didn't clean the board. She took a sponge and swiped it across the surface. That's it. WHAT? That's it? Needless to say, I won't be using the cutting board ever again, and now I really will be searching for a new place. Proof that I just need my own kitchen. Seriously, if I invited you over for dinner, would you want to eat what I had made since you know my kitchen status? The answer is no. No you wouldn't. Because I don't even want to eat there, and I live there.

So....Here's a little link for you, although, you are probably not the one that needs it, my housemate does.

http://www.idph.state.il.us/public/hb/hbsam.htm

When I leave her house, and move somewhere else and she asks me why I'm moving maybe I'll just hand her a book about kitchen safety.

Looks like I can post pictures. I'll try it soon.

In other news, I'm putting 2 students on independent study in art. Should be kind of fun for me. These kids are really excited about art, and really have a lot of good ideas. I need to help them formulate a plan so they can make a decent portfolio. Hopefully when they leave here, they'll have a body of work to show someone and get some more guidance. We'll see, teenagers are known for having big ideas, but aren't quite sure how to follow through on things. I hope I don't end up doing most of the work for them. I'm just happy to be teaching older students. I don't think I ever want to go back to the little guys.... Not that I don't like the little ones, just that maybe I needed a break from them for a while, and this is it.

Ok, enough for today.

No comments: