Friday, September 29, 2006

I'm ok, you're ok

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6155178

This is a great article. It says I'm ok having my coffee every morning. I was worried about it because my sleep habits. But I'm good.... Now if I could just curb my chocolate habit.

Ahh anyway, I also survived the storm last night, and my car did too. I was worried that a tree might fall on it. My neighborhood is older and trees go down. But we all survived. I guess it ushered in the new fall weather, because it was a little chilly this morning. NICE! I'm so happy it's fall. I've been waiting for it for years (well at least 2). It's truly the best season. The colors really haven't started changing around here. I'm not sure if they'll get to bright this year, because it was kind of a dry summer, but a little is better than none. This weekend I'm headed up to my parent's house and I plan on stopping by the roadside stand to pick up some cider and apples, and whatever fall-like items I can get my hands on.

Yesterday I went to this strange cocktail party with my housemate. It really wasn't my scene, but she was invited to go and she offered to take me. So we go, in the middle of this storm to this restaurant, wind blowing everywhere, getting rained on, no power in half the places. The place it filled with random people. Anyway, I was going for free food and wine. My housemate was looking for a date apparently. So, realizing that was the goal I just kind of faded into the background. I didn't really want to be there, and given the age of the people, and the fact that it seemed to be kind of like an employee party, I felt really out of place. Ahh, well, at least I didn't have to sit in the dark at home.

We ventured back home and there was still no power. So I just lit a bunch of candles and happily read my book and turned in early. I was happy about it. The lights finally were put back on, I got up and turned them back off. Sleep-- it's such a good thing.

Well, back to organizing my grades and getting everything settled before the weekend gets here.

No comments: