Friday, September 15, 2006

Meet the parents

Last night we had a parents night at the D-home. It was very interesting. We had a few that showed up, and considering we only have about 42 kids right now, we saw about 12 parents. It was interesting to meet with one parent, who right off bugged me and you could immediately figure out why their kid was in there. I was trying to pay the student a compliment to his parent and the parent immediately compared the kid to a sibling. WHAT! NO WONDER! There was one parent I really liked, gentle, caring, the student probably just finally got caught doing the wrong thing. The student is smart intelligent, and pretty outspoken..Which is nice for a change. I hate wishy-washy.
It went well, I hate speaking in front of adults, especially parents. I always manage to turn red. In front of kids, not so much.
I can't believe it's starting to turn into fall. I'm already wearing long sleeve shirts and jeans. It's nice, but I have a feeling that this winter is going to be brutal for me. The nights are nice and cool right now, which is definitely a big change from Egypt. I don't miss those hot nights, with the old, barely working, loud air conditioner.
Think I'll be heading out to Kansas City in November to visit my friends. I'm excited to go somewhere I've never been. I love travel, although I wish I could jus beam myself there instead of flying. Such is life.

No comments: