Monday, May 28, 2007

I count.

That's what I did for most of my time tonight at my wino job. I had to count ALL the bottles of wine. At least all that counting made the time go faster. But I think it was something someone invented so they wouldn't feel like they had to send me home early-- yet again.

Ahh, anyway, tomorrow it's back to school. I don't really know what I'm going to teach tomorrow. It's one of those times when 1/2 the kids are done a project, and 1/2 of the other ones have nothing to work on.... Maybe, how to draw faces.... I'll demonstrate something, they'll watch, they'll work, and then class will be over. I'm so ready to be done, but I have 4 more weeks left...

I'm doing everything I can to not use my air conditioner, but it's impossible now. I bought a couple of fans. It doesn't do much, everyone keeps giving me suggestions..... I don't need any suggestions, I need for the sun not to set on my side of the building. I shouldn't complain. At least I have air conditioning. I'm just wanting to save some money and some energy. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

So I heard about my former school--- the one in Egypt. yeah. so I've been trying to decide what to write about, but no words can say how horrible I felt when I heard what the senior class did as a prank. What did they do? They did a number of things that included pouring oil all over the hallway, causing distruction to many areas of the school, lighting firecrakers, hiring a marching band, hurting security guards, and my favorite playing soccer with live rabbits and chickens. Yes, read it again. Surprised? I was until I realized where the kids are from, and how they don't have any respect for any living thing other than themselves (and even that's questionable). SO they'll get rewarded, they'll have graduation, they'll go on to run their own country. Sad, but true.

That's all the time I'm giving that. I thought I would write this huge blog about it all, but the truth is I just can't. I would only be recalling what I've talked about in past posts. All I know is that I feel for my friends who are still there having to endure the final weeks of their teaching positions. Don't worry, you're almost done!

Ok- well, it looks like I may try to sleep soon. I don't know if I will or not, but I'll give it a good shot.

No comments: