Monday, September 08, 2008

Last minute.

Why do things wait until the last minute? Mainly I mean the mortgage company. I realize there are a lot of things they're trying to take care of, just like us. But they sent us a list of extra things on Friday night, after the banks close. How am I supposed to get what you need from my Bank when I didn't even get the e-mail until Saturday, after the banks were close. So cut to Monday and they're calling me at work. Fortunately for me I keep my phone off. Several e-mails were sent too, and I saw those. But I'm a teacher. I don't have any free time to get these things done until after school. In fact my prep is the first period. So at lunch, I had lunch, or I would have never eaten.

Frustrating. So now I'm waiting on 2 documents. A copy of check I have to pick up from the bank, and the DEC page (don't even know what that is) from the Insurance company. They're supposed to fax that, but haven't yet. And I kind of need that now, so I can fax it to the mortgage people, so I can leave to pick up the check, to fax to the mortgage people. Something tells me there will be a few more bumps before J and I actually get into the house. I hope not. But I'm trying to be prepared.

Buying a house turns out to be kind of stressful for me. I think moving will be a breeze, and I'm so ready to just zone out and paint. I really don't mind it at all.

Ok, enough complaining. WE'RE GETTING A HOUSE! And that's a great thing.

No comments: