Friday, September 05, 2008

Tidbits

We've all been using Google for 10 magical years... Can anyone remember what they used to use before this almighty search engine?? I can't really. I know there was something. But I am clueless about my internet life before Google.

And----

Did you know they have a motto? I didn't either... It's, "Don't be evil."

I love that.

Anyway, Happy 10th birthday Google, you've made research fun.

Other tidbits, did I mention I had a freaky nightmare about zombies coming out of the Potomac River? No? Well I did. It was also mixed in with other dreams. And I felt like I was sleep walking. I don't think I was, but I had a strange sensation that I did.

And why might I have dreamt about such oddities? Well, I confused my sleeping medication for 4 days. I was taking twice the amount of something that I hadn't been taking and didn't want to take. It was an old prescription. When I realized the mistake I made I threw out the container with the left over pills. Unfortunatley, the risidual effects left me with strange behaviors as my body was trying to get rid of it. Fortunately, I think it has finally left my system, but I haven't slept well at all. It's just continuous. I can't seem to get over it. My mom reminded me that I have always had trouble sleeping (even as a child), and that I used to sleep walk and my eyes would be wide open, but they could tell I wasn't "awake". Strange.

I'm sure the recent pause in sleep is because of all the stuff that's going on. Buying a house, moving in with J, thinking about all the possibilities. Which are all good! But it is a lot when you factor in my job, my family stuff, and packing....

Yoga kind of works for the most part. I'm still able to go a couple times a week. Maybe if I go more often after we move it will have more of a positive effect on my physically and mentally. Plus, I'm currently wasting money because I signed up for a monthly pass, and have only been able to go 2-3 times a week. ARGH!

So- McCain. I was so bored listening to his speech that I changed the channel to watch "Sex and the City" on the WB. I didn't think his speech was at all good, and the crowd just kept interrupting him and made it last longer. Oh GOD-- and don't get me started on Cindy McCain-- she failed to mention that she stole money from her own charity, was in a domestic dispute with John, he calls her names, and oh yeah-- was formally addicted to pharmaceuticals... Yeah. But yeah, she got a child an operation for her cleft palette through operation smile and adopted a Bhutanese child... So that MUST make up for it all. ARGH-- How does that even compare to Michelle Obama? And why is it that the republican nominees have like 12 kids (13 if you count the unborn child) between them and the democrats have 4? Do you see what I'm saying?

I finally made it a point to donate to the Move On campaign too. I also get a shirt for doing so, and my money goes to helping register voters. Something I feel better about, rather than to just go buy a random shirt at some store in Old Town. I also want a button. So wherever I can get a free button, by donating, I'm going to do it.

In the meantime, I want to chop off my hair. I can't take it anymore it looks like a nest most days.

Oh and another tidbit, Hurricane Hannah is working it's way up the Eastern seaboard. I think we'll end up getting a lot of rain, but who knows. 5 years ago we had a huge tropical storm and there was no power for a day and no water for even longer. I had to travel 45 minutes away just to get drinkable water. And school was canceled. Hopefully that won't happen this time, but I guess you can never know...so maybe i should go purchase some rations, so I can have drinkable water for the next few days, just in case.

1 comment:

Grant said...

I am surprised that you would take any meds for sleep. Must be problematic for you. Love the Tina Fey/Shotgun wedding grandma to be comparison pics. I am truly impressed your hair is still there. Any chance you can get it made into a wig? Pantene's deal? I saw it on Rachel Ray (yes, I was also rubbing paula's feet at the time). http://www.beautifullengths.com/en_US/index_home.jsp

Check it out...

Have fun packing! And check out the Baby room pics I put on FB.

Lata!