Thursday, September 25, 2008

Long time no post...I wonder why.

Wow, I have no time for anything but work and house. It's fine, it's a good thing. But when you're spending less time taking care of you and more on things... it's kind of a head check. Why do we feel the need to own homes again? And what is really wrong with renting?

No, I'm very happy to have my own home. It looks like a hurricane went through the living room and dining room, and kitchen. But we're getting there. We're finding that it's taking a lot more elbow grease than anticipated. Which, is the good kind of grease, not the bad kind, which seems to be all over the kitchen. Did the previous owners do anything else but fry things? I don't think so. So there's the smell too. And it just will NOT go away. I think we have to replace the main duct, and fan that takes it out of the house. We are getting a new hood, and a new stove. SO I think that will help some.

Another thing is the disaster outside, called our yard (front and back). It's an overgrown mess, and there's some poison ivy I spotted (it's the only thing I can spot that's bad). So we need to deal with that (Gardening tips welcome).

Upstairs is live able, but the bathroom needs some TLC too.

We haven't cooked yet. So we're spending way too much eating out, and I really could go for something I actually cooked myself. I long for it actually.....

One funny thing is--- we got cable. And I was fine without it, but it's really relieving stress for both of us. Last night we just sat and watched an hour of Law and Order--- and I was completely fine with that.

I'll post some pictures soon, we just have a lot to do still-- but we're doing it. And very soon it will feel like our home.

1 comment:

Jona said...

It takes time Kofta. Don't be hard on yourselves. And don't stress. It will all come together.

What kind of new furniture did you buy so far? What all are you replacing?

Thanks for all the comments on the blog. We have similar views. Every time I watch the news or every time I go home in the summer, it seems like I connect less and less with my American "people." Ha. That sounds funny. But it's true. I'm not talking about my friends. But just people in general. I'm not so sure how I would deal with adjusting back at home if I were to move back. I guess time would help. Whatever. Americans needs to get their heads out of their a**es and start getting back to some fundamentals-responsibility, motivation, compassion, empathy, selflessness, respect. All those core values that law-makers seem to want to take out of schools. At least we can still highlight them over here. At least for now.

I'm rambling. Good day! :)