Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just one place

The merge is almost complete. I am only responsible for one house now. I was able to turn in my keys for the apartment yesterday. So now I only have 2 keys... not one for the laundry room, the mail room, entry key, and front door......... NO.. now I only have my house key and car key. It's a beautiful thing.

To make things EVEN BETTER--- they found someone to rent my apartment for October! I am NO LONGER responsible for it. Thank god, because there was no way I would have been able to pay for a mortgage and rent. But for some strange reason, they said I needed to give 60 days notice. Which is ridiculous, no one can give that much time when they're buying a house. You never know when it's going to happen....

But it's all good now.

I only have to focus on one place. We still have so many boxes lying around. For many reasons really. J just finished moving his stuff in last night, and we really don't have that much storage space. We do have a basement, however, it's going to get re-done in the next 2 months... Still, there is the attic, but alas, no ladder yet. And we need to get the mold sucked out of there too. So we are living in "cardboard box land".

I am getting used to sleeping there though. It's nice to hear the crickets and keep the windows open, especially with the cool/dry nights. (last week not so much). Hopefully in the next month it will look and feel like home, and not just be a house.

No comments: