Sunday, October 28, 2007

The BEAST

So, here I am in KCMO, for another trip. I know, hold me back....right? But I do like to see my friends who live here. I must be a good friend, you're thinking.

Well, yes.

But they are good friends too. We do all sorts of fun things together. Like go to scary movies, watch scary movies, and go to haunted houses, drive to scary yards. It's all good.

Last night we went to a haunted house called "The BEAST". We got lost in werewolf forest, which was fun and scary at first, but then just more annoying because we couldn't find the way out. The whole house was pretty amazing. It's built in an abandoned warehouse downtown. I don't know how many floors it was, but there were a couple of really long slides we had to go down. Of course, to make the slides even more slippery they put talcum powder all over the slide and we had white stuff all over our clothes. It came off, but at first, it was everywhere, and mean everywhere. Like I probably swallowed the stuff.

The theme was a New Orleans House. But there were several themes. Like the forest, a torture room, some crazy laser light places, a medieval maze, skeleton-attacking area, hillbilly chain saw room, coffin room, people under the stairs, giant scary alien BEAST! And of course the random people coming out of nowhere telling us to give them our spleen...or gallbladder, can I at least have your gallbladder?

It was a fun time. And after that we made our way to a couple of bars. We went to a really nice, swanky gay bar for a martini and a pizza full of basil. Then headed over to a cabaret bar (do you see a theme?) where there was a performance of Broadway rock tunes! (yeah, well, I couldn't believe I was watching that either...but it was priceless) We saw some good costumes, especially the gal who had pigs blood all over her.....CARRIE! She looked awesome.

It's so funny to see adults waking around in costumes. We saw a bunch of people standing at a bus stop waiting to go somewhere festive. People coming in and out of restaurants.. What a great time of year, really. You get to be spooky, decorate your house with fake blood, carve pumpkins. Nice.

Anyway, it's a great trip so far. I leave on Tuesday -sniff-.

No comments: