Monday, October 08, 2007

Change the weather please

I thought maybe by this time of year the 90 degree weather would be gone. I thought that I could change my tank tops in for sweaters. I thought that I'd be wearing shoes not sandals. Well people, it's global warming. It's not even an "Indian summer". You know why? Because we haven't had a first frost yet. They say by Wednesday or Thursday a change is going to be coming in. So maybe I should be relishing these last few summer-like days. You know, I think I should. I know that by February I will be pining for this summer heat.

This weekend was nice..busy too. Went to the Hirshhorn at night. It was nice. Tons of people there. We were able to walk through the museum. Even saw a video piece that was like this massive domino effect installation. It was crazy.l I think it went on for at least 1/2 hour. The artists used candles, foaming stuff, liquids, air, physics.... It was so funny to watch. We saw some art too, listened to a band, and heard a DJ spin some really bad 80's music (on purpose). It would have been nice to have a crowd there. So next month if they have one, I might encourage a group outing. They even had lovely beverages to purchase.....only, you had to stand in massive lines. But that's what people watching is for.

Also saw "Eastern Promises" . It was good. Kind of like "History of Violence", except I liked "History of Violence " better.

Couple more weeks until KC.

Then a couple more until the Decemberists..

And then a few more until Thanksgiving break.....

No comments: