Monday, October 15, 2007

A few things

I had planned to write about a lot of things last week, but it just slipped out of my mind. So I guess I'll just write about something I thought was really strange at work today.

I had to keep an ear out for phone calls today because no one was in the office today. I'm sitting in the secretary's chair and I'm looking at all the crap on the desk. It's decorated in purple. PURPLE everywhere! Pictures of her kids (or I guess they are her kids). Random things on the calendar. Then I start looking at posters on the wall. You know the kind "Teamwork" , "Responsibility" and all that. So I look at the teamwork one. It's of the "Great Wall of China" and in big letters it says "TEAMWORK: Many hands, many minds, one goal."

WTF, I say. The great wall? Teamwork? Ok, how many people were forced into slave labor? I could go on, but I think you know what I'm getting at here. Is that really the best picture to use? OH MAN! Never mind that it was a wall to keep people out!

I really need to start of thinking about the direction this blog is going to take. Since I'm not doing as much traveling, or exploring, I might just make it into something else. Daily ramblings are too boring, and I really don't want to share everything with the internet..i.e. THE WORLD!

I don't know.

Charlottesville this weekend! Excited for it. It will be nice to get out of town with "J", so looking forward to seeing some fall leaves, seeing some place different. I haven't been to C-ville since 7th grade, and I only visited UVA and the Monticello...both awesome, but I'm looking forward to seeing it with my own personal tour guide..... :-)

Then the next week I'm off to KC! To go into a haunted house or two, oh yeah, and also to see "A" and "T". Maybe I'll be able to post some pictures or something!! Maybe we'll actually take some pictures or something!

No comments: