Tuesday, October 07, 2008

No time

I think I'm kind of realizing that I have absolutely no time to write. The house is for sure keeping me busy. I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day. I basically go to work, come home and work. Someday we'll begin to feel settle, I'm sure.

School is going great. Students are working hard on their projects. They completed a symbolic timeline, narratives. And now they'll be doing a huge text project. They'll be using they're own poetry, found poetry, lyrics, whatever is meaningful to them.. and create an "abstract" (hate that term) painting using only text. The point is for them to create a mood that goes a long with the writing, but also to create texture and visual interest with the paint color schemes. MAN-- they sure love to mix paint. They can't believe how many colors can be made with just the primaries (plus black and white). And I can't believe they've never been giving the opportunity to do it. These kids are 15!! (at least)

I don't know what it is, but I'm really enjoying the school year this far (makes me want to knock on some wood). But we have super-small class sizes, and kids that who have been there for a while (which is unfortunate and fortunate at the same time). I really have been able to teach, coach, encourage, support, and explore what they're doing, and why. I need to start keeping track, and write a book.

In the mean time, I'm not really working on my own artwork.... And I need to. I think about it everyday, but the only artwork I'm making are examples for class. And even those are half-finished. I keep saying I need to get in gear as an artist.... and I haven't fully done it. Hopefully, now that I'll be in one place, it will be something that I can accomplish in the near future. I just have to make a plan.

Ok--- that is enough time, I suppose. Sure, i didn't talk about politics, or the economy... But we hear about it all the time.

No comments: