Saturday, February 13, 2010

Article from 1999

Most of you who read this know that I grew up as a State Department brat. I moved around every 2-4 years until I went to college (and then continued the tradition on my own). For eight of my years we managed to live in Bonn, Germany. First time was from 1976-1980, and then again from 1989 - 1993. I remember quite a lot because it had never really changed.

It was kind of like time stopped and kids were allowed to be kids, walk to the movie theatre, meet up with other kids to go to get pizza, catch a game of basketball, walk to school, walk to the HUGE park.

Of course it was Germany, and well, we got into trouble too, but most of all it was probably like how America was in the 1950's...(the positive parts).

So here's a little article I found on the internet. Makes me kind of sad.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/08/15/world/at-little-america-in-bonn-lights-are-going-out.html?pagewanted=all

No comments: