Monday, February 01, 2010

A new painting started...


With the time I do have on my hands (not much) I've definitely been making an effort to make art. It's tough, especially since I just can't seem to stay away from larger sizes. But hopefully I can get on a roll, create enough for a new portfolio and maybe even apply for an MFA.... (scared).

So this is just a start, I collaged, and now I'm in the actual process of painting. For some reason I've taken to things that are fractals. -- So for my first fractal inspired art--- a FERN! Hopefully I'll go down the line of other interesting fractals, like snow, leaves, nautilus shells (I heart those).

1 comment:

Jona said...

Awesome Kofta! I LOVE the background! I'm so glad you are getting into your art sessions again and taking time to create! Hope you are feeling better soon - tis the season for sickness - even here in Manila.