Wednesday, February 03, 2010

oh sickness, please go away

It's been since Sunday I've felt completely under the weather. Ugh, it's that same ears, nose, throat gross stuff. It just won't leave my body. I can't really breathe, let alone talk. Yesterday, I could barely communicate with my students. It must have seen like a mime show to them! They said I would be really good a charades. HA! They were right. We even have those sound systems in our classroom, and the microphone couldn't pick up my whisper at all!

However, today, it's another snow day! Saving me from having to be at school today. I'll take it. It's unexpected, and actually the roads are pretty clear now, but that's just fine. Tomorrow, is another story. I think I'm going to have to call in. I'm not feeling any better, and I think I need one more days of meds and sleep. I would really like to kick this thing before the end of the week.

So speaking of the end of the week, we're supposed to get the snow storm of the century! And I quote Channel 7 weatherman: By the weekend you could be measuring the snow by the yard stick instead of the ruler.

Yikes, not characteristic of Virginia weather at all. In fact, down in Charlottesville they're calling for 2-4 FEET! WHAT? I'm truly hoping that it isn't that much, if here in Alexandria we get much more, we're going to be going to school in July!

So wish me luck, and that I'm on the road to recovery.

No comments: