Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Don't like yard work today.

So, I hate roots. They are horrible things. There are so many going everywhere in the little garden patch. I can barely pull them out.

This garden thing is going to take a lot more work than I expected, and I'm half wondering if I can get a good amount completed by the time it rains (end of the week, they say). I think it will be fine, but loosening up this really hard ground is so difficult.

Don't even get me started on the grass. That's pretty much going to be impossible too. I bought all the stuff, but we need much more top soil, and then I think we might be able to get started on throwing the seeds around. I just hope they germinate before the first frost....

In the meantime, the contractor and his crew have torn out the walls of our basement, and have really opened it up. We're making the little bathroom downstairs full size, and redoing the staircase in wood, as well as putting in some more lights. It's going to be so much nicer, and user friendly....and ready for visitors in about 2 weeks!! I'm really excited. it's going to be so nice. We're even having shelving and storage be put under the staircase. YEAH for storage!!!

Tomorrow I head down to Richmond for an art/music therapist meeting. Should be interesting, last time I went I was glad to meet some peers. So hopefully I'll get to know them a bit more, and it will be a nice and easy day. Although, I'd rather be teaching right now.

No comments: