Monday, October 20, 2008

Sooo Cool!


They just found an old manual typewriter in the ducts in the basement. It must have been there for years, and it must have been from the original owners! It's a Smith Corona Skywriter Typewriter. I can't wait to use it. It obviously needs new ribbon, but I found many places that have it. What a cool thing to find hiding in your house.

Sure, it's not a million dollars, or old wedding rings, or a Rolex, but it's a piece of history.

I'm planning on using it in future art works... I think I just found my newest obsession!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi dear friend,
how r u?
pls visit this blog for great information..

http://spicygadget.blogspot.com/.

thank you dear
take care..

Brennan said...

Hi! I'm a student at the University of South Alabama for Art Education! I'm doing a project on teaching and technology. I just need a little help from a teacher. If you could email me at bmg502@jaguar1.usouthal.edu that would be great! thanks!

STEPHANIE said...

seriously cool. I remember when I got rid of my old typewriter. I had just finished university. Gosh, that was a long long time ago!!!
thanks for sharing
Steph