Wednesday, October 08, 2008

WHY??

Why does my classroom have to be colder than the outside temperature? ARGH! So frustrated. We ask nicely, we ask nicely again, we beg, we complain, we cope, we compensate. Why is it so unreasonable that I can't have my room the same temperature as the rest of the building?

The thing is, I know the answer.... It's not the fault of the technology. It's the fault of the Principal's office....I love my principal. And I love our secretary...but it's all her fault. Here's why....

I have started bring my alarm clock with a thermometer to class. I take it to every room I go in. The education wing is cold. ALWAYS... too cold in almost every season. But especially this year. My room reads 4 degrees cooler than the upstairs part of the building, and the residential units. Fine. No biggie. Here's the kicker. Our secretary is using a space heater in the office, which must share a thermostat with the rest of the education wing..... ergo- cold! So, my answer has always been that maybe she should cut her heater off, and then the air conditioner wouldn't be running throughout the building. AND- we'd all be comfortable.

But this is the third year, and I think I'm going to buy a space heater. It's ridiculous. It's like 74 degrees outside, and about 67 in my classroom. That makes no sense at all.

ARGH! I think 72 (which is the temperature in the rest of the building) is quite nice. We would all be extremely comfortable if that were to be the temperature in our classrooms.

Sorry for the complaint.

No comments: