Monday, February 19, 2007

President's Day

So, first this was what we were told:

Half a day off, released at 11 am...
Then it was no,...
Half day off, released at 12 pm......
Then it was no...........
You work the full day.
Then today it was no...
Half day leave at 12:30 pm.

TECHNICALLY it's not even a half day, but really, the people who I work with are crazy! How could someone mess this up so badly? I don't get it.

Anyway, I'm happy. I thought I was supposed to work a full day today, and I didn't So that's fine. Too bad we didn't have the full day off because the City of Alexandria has a parade. Not that I'd go to it, but it makes parking unbearable. And, school buses can't go down certain streets.

Apparently, the city said to the school district --hey, we're having the parade at this time-- to the superintendent, and then it was the superintendent's choice to have school or not. She choose for the schools to be open a 1/2 day for whatever reason. Then the city said-- fine but by the way all these streets will be closed at such and such time.. HA!

Alexandria is just one of those places that just becomes more interesting by the moment. One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. There's tons of fraud, waste, and abuse of the system. You can clearly see it where I work. Everyone who is from here, stays here and you always seem to easily run into someone who works in the schools, and is related to someone who probably put them in that job in the first place.

Frustrating.

No comments: