Friday, May 18, 2007

Oye!

You know, Oye is used in a variety of ways, to get attention, to show disbelief... to show woe, or even say no.

To me I would have to say that it would mean "tired out". As in "oye vey". The yiddish saying kind of used like "oh my" or something like that. It's been a long week. I was basically the dumping ground for kids who were done with testing this week. It was ok for some of the days, but other days I wasn't pleased. But it's over on Monday. I didn't get much done at all.

I'm really looking forward to summer. That won't come until the last week of June (I think) but at least I have something to look forward to.

Today I made it down to Ikea. And let me tell you, it still overwhelms me. There is just so much to look at. I made it out of there ok, but a few dollars lighter. I finally bought some bookcases that will work for my apartment. Now, if only I could put them together. Turns out I need a screwdriver or two. I have none. So I'm a little unhappy that I can't put them together tonight, and have to wait until tomorrow. I could go out and buy a couple of tools (I do have a hammer..and I'd hammer in the evening, all over this land), but since I'm going up to my parents house tomorrow, I figure I could just borrow. I guess I'll just continue to drink wine tonight instead.

It's been a crazy week at work besides the testing. But I'm trying to just do what I can. Can't really write about it. Things are fine with me, just feeling disappointed right now.

It is the weekend, though, I still work Sunday and I have work double time on Monday, but I'm hoping that it means that I get a couple days off next weekend. However, we'll see.

No comments: