Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New classes

Wow, I just signed up for two graduate painting classes for the small semester.  One is just called "painting" and the other is "mixed media and painting".  So excited to get going on this.  I know that this is what I need to start making art again.  I feel like it's been hard to even sit down and start something, or stand in front of the easel.  Then when I finally DO sit down, it's a mess.  I have tons of ideas swirling around in my head, but keep finding lots of excuses not to try them out.

It's true, I'm pretty hard on myself when it comes to making art.  I start and stop all the time, and even destroy many of the things I try to make.  So I'm going to give it a try.

Today is actually the first day, my entire summer vacation month, that I've sat to create.  The classes will give me a reason to get down and get busy... I have to-- I'm paying for the classes and need those classes to keep my teaching certification.

Yep.  Sounds like good motivation.

No comments: