Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Blogging "The Spy Who Loved Me" (the Egypt part)

Yeah, so James Bond goes to Cairo! I don't really watch a lot of James Bond movies. But I just happened to flip on this one, and there he was-- in Cairo! Ahh-- sweet Cairo. They were walking around the City of the Dead, and showed pictures of the Citadel. Then the light show at the pyramids. The one thing that really struck my funny was the light show. It's a really cheesy thing. And what makes it even better is that it hasn't changed since this movie was filmed. 30 years ago!! The same narrator and music was being played then as it is now.

LOVE IT!

I forget if this one also takes place in Karnak. I think it does. I loved Karnak. Or maybe Luxor... Hummm.. not sure. Either way, both off those places were amazing.

It's Luxor. I'm watching it right now. It's like they went there overnight! In a van! Amazing, from Giza to Luxor in just a few hours! If only.

Now they've just boarded a felucca to Cairo! Amazing! That should only take about oh-- 10 days.

Opps, he didn't 'make it to Cairo. She blew stuff in his face and he's still in upper Egypt... Oh and how convenient... there's a british office in a tomb! Cool! A sheesha gun!! Fantastic.

Oh, now they're on a train. Doesn't look like an Egyptian train. I've been on a lot of those. They must already be in Europe again. Ok, looks like my blogging here is done for now.

No comments: