Saturday, April 14, 2007

Yep, don't want to live there

Just back from Jersey. While I like my family members who are from there, I just don't see the point of me ever living there. So many gray areas in my life, but that is not one of them. It may be the Garden State, and I'm a vegetarian..but I think I can get good veggies at my own grocery store.

It was a sad day. I didn't think I would get so sad, but I did. I realized that I want to be a lot like she was. She was an amazing woman, my grandma. My aunt and Dad said such amazing words. Funny stories, good anecdotes. My grandma (for some reason we called her Poppop) was an amazing person. She could cook without measuring, she was on Jeopardy, knowledgeable on almost every topic known to man (but never graduated high school). She always had the greatest sayings. One liners... I remembered them all today. It was fun remembering family stories about her.. She taught us to use the proper names for bones, and proper medical names for things. It makes me wish we all had more time with her when she was healthy. The best part of the day was that her Cousin (82 years old) brought pictures of her and him, and my dad!! It was so cool seeing the old pictures. I wanted copies of them. She was a comedian. She lived life to the fullest. And I need to remember to do the same.

We all do.

No comments: