Thursday, October 26, 2006

3 good things or more

Oh man, this tree I pass everyday coming home from work. It's amazing! The tree is huge and the sunlight passes right through the leaves at around 4:00. I keep saying I'm going to take my camera with me to work one day so on the way home I can snap a picture of it. But I keep forgetting, and then I realize it probably wouldn't be as beautiful to look at the picture anyway. The colors of the leaves this week have been amazing on that tree. It's all orange and yellow, and it changes value ever so slightly. It's as if Andy Goldsworthy made the tree himself. It just brightens my day everytime I go past it. I wish I lived in the house that owns the land on which the tree sits.

Secondly, I was amazed at the beautiful light that bounced of the clouds yesterday before sunset. I don't know what it was, but there was this dense cloud and the sun must have been right behind it. All these rays of light just came from behind, and made a stunning view. The rest of the sky was a series of blue tones and the wind was cold and crisp. I don't mind the cold when it's that beautiful to look at.

Thirdly, we all get an extra hour of sleep over here this weekend! YES!! I'm really excited about that. Yes, fall back everyone! Don't forget.

Fourth, I bought a new winter coat. To keep nice and toasty throughout the winter months, and believe me, if I'm cold now, February is going to be brutal! (it may actually make me pine for Cairo..almost)

Fifth, I head out to see Amy and Travis next weekend! So excited, and I get to visit a new place. Never been to Kansas City, and now I get to go see what it's like.

Sixth, ummm... well, tomorrow is Friday, and Saturday I think I'm going to a halloween party. Don't know exactly what I'm going to be. Any ideas welcome. My sister gave me a few, but now it's a mad dash.....

People say I'm not positive............those are 6 positives in one entry! So there.

No comments: