Thursday, October 05, 2006

Where else can one go to meet a.....

..nun who's taught geometry for 40 years
... a clergy from Leeds, England
.... a 3 star general
..... the CEO of National Geographic
...... the Post Master General

I'll tell you where! A Spellman reunion. I was invited to go to the National geographic Museum for a reception with a friend of mine, it was her high school reunion. And who do I get to meet? All those people, and then some. How about an oncologist, or an insurance agent. All kinds were there. It was really funny that I was there. All the people at this cocktail hour were older, and definitely more established. But there is definitely something interesting about being in a room full of all different kinds of people. I also enjoyed the exhibits. Most of it was photography, which is what we always remember about NG. There was an exhibit about football (or soccer as we American like to call it). They had 2 pictures of soccer being played in Egypt, near the Giza pyramids. One of the pictures showed street kids playing soccer in a middle of a dirt road in front of the Great Pyramid, and the other a couple of kids playing soccer with in the walls of the Mena House Hotel. Very interesting to show those too pictures together. It doesn't matter where you come from, or what you do... Apparently soccer (or football) makes the world go 'round.

Anyway, it was an interesting night last night. AND!!! AND!!! I even made it back for he series premiere of LOST! IT was great. I am so addicted. I tried to stay up and watch "The Nine", it looks good, but I just don't want to get interested. I may have to watch it at a later time.

I also listened to " All things Considered" last night while I was going to the event, and they did a little spot on "The Decemberists"! What a great way to end the day. And!! And!! Death Cab will be in town in November.. I really want to go, but I don't know if I can...

Decisions, decisions....

No comments: