Tuesday, October 24, 2006

In this day and age

I find it extremely difficult that there are so many people I work with (like all of them), who don't believe evolution. I have a feeling I know why (which I won't discuss here). Mostly it's how they've been taught it, and it's their strong believe in the fact that they believe that the bible is fact (but they're not even schooled in that either). They're believing what they are told, instead of looking for answers themselves. Which is why I get all bent out of shape about religion. Many (not all and not every) religion preys upon the uneducated, or the people who just want the ease of faith. I can't understand why people would let themselves be misguided, but it happens outside of religion too (politics.. pretty much anywhere) I try to understand. I know I won't change their mind. And they won't change mine.

At the same time, how can one not make sense of the patterns we see everyday. How can they not see that evolution is in everything and everyday. The regeneration of skin, to the leaves falling, heredity (it's in our genes), the fossils.

I think my next major art undertaking with be a theme in evolution. I haven't quite figured out how... but I want to include evolution in my artwork. It can be the evolution of my art work.. ohh... I like that.. Ellen, want to take part???

Evolution is a sore subject to many people because I think it challenges them. And many people don't like to be challenged. Some people just like to stick to certain believes because it's easier. Life isn't easy. Keep exploring... keep learning. Things change. Theories do get blown out of proportion. But evolution is no longer a theory it's fact.

No comments: