Sunday, October 22, 2006

One of the best things about driving u pto my parents house this weekend was the fact that the colors on the trees are pretty amazing. I think up in PA they're just about down, but around my area it's like they're just about at their peak. The GW parkway was amazingly beautiful. One of the other great things about driving up was listening to NPR. I know.. NPR... but really it's funny because they play old bluegrass songs. And they come out with the funniest lyrics ever. Like:

You can use all the kitchen grease, I can buy it buy the pound. True love ain't like lard, darlin' why do you make this so hard.... please don't take my picture down, on your way back from town.

and

Oh were did my love go, she's supposed to wear my ring today. If you find her I'll be down by the willow tree getting married to another.

WHAT?? Crazy! I know. Then they have stained-glass blue grass. With amazing lines like:

The lord took my sweet heart and I have to prepare, so that I may go up, and meet her up there.

It just is one of those things.

Anywhooo..........just thought I would share that with you...
Halloween party to go to next week, and I just realized I have no idea for a costume. I don't know this year. Nothing can top last year!

No comments: