Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Fluorescent Lights are killing me

I don't know what it is today, but I can't see. The lights are so bright today, and there is no real way that I can adjust them. Plus, I'm trying to teach shading so that doesn't help. We're doing a 5 step scale and here I am shading these forms with shade 5 (the darkest) and then I turn around to look at my class and there's a weird haze and I can't see straight. This probably means that I should also be wearing my glasses more often now. Oh well. And I should probably go get them checked anyway. My hearing is going, no my sight.. Soon it will be all my joints and organs... Is this what happens in your 30's. I didn't sign on for this at all.

Yesterday I had a request for pictures of pyramids. We're doing landscapes and he wants to do an Egyptian Landscape. So I went home and pulled together some photos. And it was actually neat to look back on them at this point. It's really cool to think I was really there and saw the pyramids kind of regularly. So I put an assortment together, including Saqqara, the Red Pyramid, and of course Giza. I also brought some of Luxor, Aswan, and Karnak (one of my favorite places). So we'll see what these kids think about the pictures.

Anyway, I better go take some advil or something. My head feels like a headache is coming on.. Yep, better wear my glasses.

I feel like I had things in mind to talk about. Oh right, North Korea... uh, duh. I seem to remember that being an issue when the Iraq war started. And the government just pushed that aside, and now here we are 3 years later. Did you know that someone bought Ptolemey's (spelling?)atlas for almost $4 million! WOW! Amazing. If I'm ever rich enough to just buy an object for 4 million dollars then I would by old maps and stuff. I love those things. Alas, I don't even have $1,000,000, so I don't think that's in the near future. Plus, a house would be nice to have someday. And Lebanon is having an international movie festival! Wow! That's a country I wish I could have gone to while I was away. Oh well.

Ok- advil.

No comments: